Top Ten Steps To Peace
The following is an excerpt from Top Coaching Techniques.
1. Tidy your room (and for a bonus – the apartment/house! Consider getting help doing it.)
2. Get/understand that anything you do above securing food, shelter and clothing, is all entertainment. (You’ve made it dramatic!)
3. Arrive 15 minutes early to all appointments (including those with yourself).
4. Stick to the speed limit (drive with peace…let others overtake you)
5. Schedule BLANK TIME in the day – 1-2 hours where nothing can be scheduled. When it comes, you can use it to walk on the beach, work, make love……. It doesn’t matter.
6. Lower the Bar – Examine what you THINK you need to do this week, and then think again.
7. Drop something. There are 1-3 things you’re about to do this week, which do not support you having peace in your life (or maybe anything good!). TV? Obligation? Draining person? (Oops – can I say that?)
8. Identify what your needs really are, and get them met. (This is easiest using a coach with experience in this area)
9. Handle a drain i.e. something you’re putting up with.
10. Schedule at least two hours per week for YOU. Time where you get to reflect, think, walk, paint, write, and quieten the mind.