Jim Earley on Start Up Training, Experience, and Qualifications
The following is taken from David’s interview with Jim Earley in 10 Super Coaches.
What training, experience and qualifications did you have when you started coaching?
Well, firstly I had some solid academic qualifications. Aside from those – although I had no specific coaching training – by the time I came to coaching professionally, I had:
- Taken one college class and one honors program on interviewing.
- Taken classes on interpersonal communication and non-verbal communication.
- Read every book David McClelland had written on motivation as well as others.
- Taken one year-long program devoted to the nature of listening.
- Spent five years developing an internal style of coaching as a swimming coach.
- Developed an approach to problem solving.
Get New Posts via Email