I want to know – tell us in the comments what’s your #1 Business-Killer, and your #1 Smoking Gun?
1) What’s YOUR #1 Business Killer? The main thing between you and your ideal coaching business?
Here are the top five common Coaching Business-Killers:
1. Lack of time to focus on my business
2. Lack of belief in myself (hard to admit!)
3. Lack of consistent action/too much procrastination
4. Lack of business skills on how to find and convert paying clients
5. Lack of coaching skills to feel like a kick-ass coach.
What’s yours? Tell us the #1 thing in your way. Include a QUESTION so I – and our community – can offer support.
2) What’s YOUR #1 Smoking Gun? i.e. the #1 thing that will propel you to coach business heaven?
Here are the top 5 to get you started:
1) Confidence that you kick ass as a coach
2) Knowing WHERE to find paying clients
3) Knowing how to CONVERT prospects into paying clients
4) Having clarity on your business plan and target market
5) [YOUR ANSWER GOES HERE!]
Tell us below, and again, make sure you include a QUESTION with it so we can respond.
P.S. I’ll respond to every question personally.
David: OK, so we’ve got some lovely things that can help them develop life purpose. Again, they could be thinking life purpose or they could be thinking career. For some people it’s mixed, but for some people life purpose is just too hard. They just want something that will fulfill them. It’s not much different, but that way you can say it in words they can understand. You can say, let’s find a career direction, something you can do with your life that will make an impact and have you feel fulfillment, which is what they’re after.
Let me give you a model that I have been using with my clients. I’ve had mixed success with it, but for some people it works really well. The model is Vision, Mission, Games. How it works is, I have them write down their vision if the world was perfect, what would they want for their vision? It has to include more than them. Then once they’ve got that, they write a mission: how they will personally bring about that vision. Maybe world peace is the vision or harmony between all people. The mission might be something like, to expand people’s awareness of who they are and inspire them to grow. Mission doesn’t have to be that specific. I like to have the vision and the mission be quite broad. The games, or projects is another word for this, are anything you can do that would contribute to that.