Top Ten Things MISSING in Achieving Your Goal
The following is an excerpt from Top Coaching Techniques.
1. A clear enough picture of ~what~ you want, and by ~when~.
2. A Plan
3. A goal you really WANT!
4. A big enough goal. Try doubling it!
5. Disciplined Action (How many of us know what needs to be done? See “Top Ten Tips for Committing to Action” above)
6. A Coach (this can be a friend, colleague, mentor, or ideally, someone completely unbiased, to give you regular support, challenge and focus)
7. Something you need to give up (your position, your anger, letting fear stop you, your comfy comfort zone, needing people to like you or agree with everything, a belief you don’t deserve it)
8. Permission. (What are you not giving yourself permission for? e.g. to make mistakes, to succeed.)
9. Support. (Are you hanging around with people with the same goal? People who want you to achieve it?)
10. Other areas of your life are not strong enough to support you (finances too weak, energy low, poor support network).