How to Get ICF Certification
The following is taken from David’s Independent Report on Coaching Training and Certification.
OK – suppose you’ve decided you want to be an ACC (Associate Certified Coach) or a PCC (Professional Certified Coach). How is it done?
The ICF accreditation for Associate Certified Coach (ACC) requires the following:
- 60 coach-specific training hours. Training must be aligned with the 11 ICF competencies, and at least 48 hours must be interactive with the trainer – either live, or via telephone.
- 250 coaching hours, of which 225 hours must be paid.
- Letters of reference from 5 clients.
- Two letters of reference from ICF accredited coaches who have heard you coach.
- Passing of an oral examination.